Vibrant and Inclusive
St Andrew’s has established a vibrant and inclusive Music program from Prep through to Year 12. We aim to provide the highest quality music education, respecting individual and group contributions to the musical life of our College.
We aspire to offer an accessible pathway for all, supporting and encouraging all students to build their personal capacity. Whether it's exploring the first sounds on an instrument, singing in class together, creating and composing music or considering the theoretical aspects of music, we are here to support students experience significance in their efforts.
The three core elements of our Co-curricular Music program, that all students can take part in, are:
- Instrumental Music lessons
- Ensemble Pathways
- Performance Opportunities
Researchers have found that when children play music together—from simple rhythms to larger group performances—they are better able to tune into other people’s emotions.
Performance opportunities and tours
The College has a wide range of ensembles that cater for students from Prep to Year 12.
Ensembles enable us to make music together; and to support, encourage and share our group music making with others. Throughout the year, ensembles participate in a wide range of performances, including: school concerts, Eisteddfods and music festivals. Our ensembles are also integral support to major St Andrew's events and school services where they provide valued musical entertainment for our community to enjoy.
St Andrew's offers Music camps and tours throughout the year that are focused on developing the skills of our students and their relationships with fellow students and staff. Music camps provide a dedicated weekend of rehearsal and support the musical development of individuals as well as St Andrew's ensembles.
For more information about our Co-curricular Music program, including costs and performance opportunities, download our information booklet below.
- Brass Ensemble
- Clarinet Ensemble (Junior and Senior)
- Concert Band - Beginner/Intermediate
- Contemporary Rock Bands (Junior and Senior) - Advanced/Invitational
- Flute Ensemble (Junior and Senior)
- Jazz ensemble - Beginner
- Jazz Orchestra - Advanced/Invitational
- Percussion Ensemble (Junior and Senior)
- Saxophone Ensemble (Junior and Senior)
- Stage Band - Intermediate
- Symphonic Band - Advanced/Invitational
- Wind Ensemble - Intermediate/Advanced
- Cello Ensemble
- Guitar Ensemble
- Junior String Orchestra - Intermediate
- String Ensembles - Beginner/Intermediate
- String Orchestra - Advanced
- Youth Strings - Beginner
- College Choir - Year 7 to 12
- Junior Singers - Year 3 and 4
- Piccolo Singers - Prep and Year 2
- Primary Choir - Year 5 and 6
- Senior Vocal Ensemble - Advanced (Year 9 to 12)
Music NewsView All
Primary Music Immersion
March 09, 2023
Sounds of Swing
October 19, 2022
Wonderful Wednesday // with Chris Clarke
August 19, 2020
Wonderful Wednesday // with Clare Hannaway
August 12, 2020
Wonderful Wednesday // with Jason Connors
August 05, 2020
Wonderful Wednesday // with Trish Couper
July 30, 2020
Wonderful Wednesday // with Graham Bishop
May 27, 2020
Wonderful Wednesday // Lisa Dowling
May 20, 2020
Secondary Music Camp
March 10, 2020