Through research and collaboration, SAIL aims to challenge, impact and inspire in order to foster individual and collective growth.
The underlying focus of the St Andrew's Institute of Learning is to contribute to the local, national and global discussion about education, while also offering ongoing professional learning to staff and the broader St Andrew's community. Key to this will be developing networks with like-minded educators from across the globe.
Drawing on the key tenants of the ‘Learning Framework’ which outlines our pathway until 2020, SAIL aims to explore and share new, innovative approaches to learning amongst the members of the St Andrew's community and beyond.
SAIL has the following intent:
- Implementing a future-focused model of learning that promotes an outstanding educational experience for all St Andrew’s students;
- Fostering a culture of collaboration where innovation, expertise and resources are shared;
- Equipping the St Andrew’s and wider educational community with the knowledge and skills necessary to move confidently into the future;
- Developing a global network that provides opportunities for staff, students and others to learn, grow and be challenged together; and
- Promote positive mental health (flourishing) within the College community.