How much will the Aquatic Centre cost?
- The original estimate was $12 million but the budget has been increased to $13.8m following further revisions to the design including the addition of a grand stand with seating for over 500 spectators.
How will the Centre be paid for?
- Funds for $12.8M will come from a number of sources, College loans, Government Grants, proceeds from the Fair and donations from our community.
- Our target is to raise $1M in community gifts which will ensure that construction of our centre can commence this year! This is a centre for everyone so the hope is that many will contribute in any amount, large or small. Every dollar will help and each gift over $2 in this campaign will be recognised in our community (with donor permission).
Why the Aquatic Centre before a Performing Arts Centre?
- Both are important to the development of the College but consultation with parents has confirmed broader support for the pool.
- Planning for the Performing Arts Centre has commenced and is a much longer process with a greater degree of consultation required.
- Our Performing Arts Centre will cost much more to build and is not yet funded. Placing emphasis on this now would result in neither facility being built for many years.
Will I be able to use the Aquatic Centre?
- All members of our community including parents and past students will be able to use the pool when available.
When will the Aquatic Centre be finished?
- Completion of the centre is scheduled for August 2019. Construction commenced in June 2018 and is progressing well.
An opening date will be set closer to completion of the project. An event will be planned to mark the occasion.
How can I help?
- Donate your time, skills and resources to fundraising events and activites - more information will follow in the weeks and months ahead.
- Make a tax deductible gift to the St Andrew’s Building Fund. More details are on the enclosed Giving Form, or contact Sue Sagar on (07) 5471 5555 to discuss your donation in more detail.