The Year 3 - 6 (8 years-11 years) College House Cross Country Carnival is coming up on Thursday 27th April from 8.45am – 11am.
All Year 3 – 6 students will compete.
All Year 6 students turning 12 in 2017 will compete as part of the Secondary Carnival alongside all other students (incl Year 7) turning 12 in 2017.
12.15pm -12 years boys
12.25pm -12 years girls
Primary Carnival outline
- 8.40pm - assemble and welcome on the Secondary oval
- 9am - 10 years Boys - 2km
- 9.15am - 10 years Girls - 2km
- 9.30am - 9 years Boys - 2km
- 9.45am - 9 years Girls - 2km
- 10.00am - 8 years Boys - 2km
- 10.15am - 8 years Girls - 2km
- 10.30am - 11 years Boys - 3km
- 10.45am - 11 years Girls - 3km
- Primary Presentations at 11am
The aims of the day are as follows:
1. To promote running as a fun, healthy exercise in a competitive environment.
2. To contribute to the promotion of adopting long term active healthy lifestyles.
3. To establish our Age Champions for 2017 and Champion House for 2017 and House Duck winners
4. To select a College Cross Country Team that will compete at two events:
· The Queensland All Schools Championships on Saturday 6th May
· The Independent District Carnival on Wednesday 18th May
Map of the course
What to wear and bring?
Students are required to wear their House sports shirts and College shorts to and from College on the day and bring their College sports hat, water bottle and light snack for the completion of the race (no spiked shoes may be worn).
College Cross Country Team
From the College event a Cross Country team will be selected to compete for the College. The College has had amazing success at this event over the last few years and again we are looking to do well this year. Every effort is made to ensure that the College select the best Cross Country Team. Students who finish in the top 6 in their event are not automatically guaranteed a spot in the team as consideration is given to students who are injured, sick or attending a school-based activity.
I look forward to a wonderful day and hope to see many of you there.